Handy Snippets to Help Harness Your Digital Presence!
Here you will find some useful, infographics , links to great articles,
and other information items to help you with your digital presence.
Check back every month to see what’s new.
Got a suggestion?
Like what you find here? Subscribe to our newsletter. Our community is filled with great tools, tips, tweaks and a private Facebook Group where you can get help ongoing from peers and our TROOL Social Media team
from Tomas Laurinavicius FORBES CONTRIBUTOR
Desygner is an online design tool that lets you create banners, posters, invitations, Facebook covers, social media posts and more, all for free.
Snappa is on of the easiest graphic design tools you’ll ever use. It allows you to create amazing designs without the help of a graphic designer.
Piktochart is an easy-to-use infographic maker. It will take your visual communication to the next level, without hiring a professional designer.
Prezi makes presentations stand out and get remembered. Unlike static slides, it combines motion, zoom, and spatial relationships to engage your audience and help them remember your message.
Visage is a design and visual content creation tool for content marketers who need to create a lot of visual content.
NOTE: This is a sample image ONLY. Right-click on each image to 'save link as':
The infographic appears above (left in 3 images), and the “pro tips” from Mainstreethost follow:
Canva's Online Logo Maker can help you build your brand identity the quick and easy way, thanks to its intuitive, easy-to-use drag-and-drop design platform that's online and free to use.
Fabulous little online app that can help anyone with their Audio.
It’s FREE and so useful
Audio Cutter is an online app that can be used to cut audio tracks right in your browser. Fast and stable, with over 300 supported file formats, fade in and fade out features, ringtone quality presets, our app is also absolutely free.
- Facebook: Sharing images and links from other sources allows you to post relevant content to your page when you don’t have time to create your own. It’s also a great way to share content contributed by your audience or other businesses and keep promotions to a minimum.
- Facebook profile picture size: 180 x 180
- Facebook cover photo size: 820 x 462
- Facebook link image size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook image post size: 1200 x 630
- Facebook event image size: 1920 x 1080
- Facebook video size: 1280 x 720
- Maximum Facebook video length: 240 minutes
- Facebook ad size: 1200 x 628
- Facebook video ad size: 1280 x 720
- Facebook Story ad size: 1080 x 1920
- Facebook group cover image size: 1640 x 922
- Facebook messenger image ad size: 1200 x 628
- TweetDeck: Some of your header image design will be covered by your profile photo and bio in TweetDeck. So if you have important text or imagery that you’d prefer be seen at all times, be careful about centering those elements.
- Instagram: This is a great place to show your company culture, what happens “behind the scenes” of your business, the process of creating your products, customers using your products, etc.
- Instagram profile picture size: 110 x 110
- Instagram photo sizes: 1080 x 1080 (square), 1080 x 566 (landscape), 1080 x 1350 (portrait)
- Instagram Stories size: 1080 x 1920
- Minimum Instagram video sizes: 600 x 600 (square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 x 750 (portrait), 600 x 700 (Carousel video dimensions)
- Maximum Instagram video length: 60 seconds
- Minimum Instagram image ad size: 500 pixels wide
- Instagram photo thumbnails: 161 x 161
- Instagram ads size: 1080 x 566 pixels (landscape), 1080 x 1080 pixels (square)
- Instagram IGTV video size: 1080 x 1920
- LinkedIn: Use a photo of your employees or your business’ building as a banner photo and avoid random stock photos.
- LinkedIn company logo size: 300 x 300
- LinkedIn cover photo size: 1536 x 768
- LinkedIn Dynamic Ads size: 100 x 100 (company logo)
- LinkedIn Sponsored Content image size: 1200 x 627
- LinkedIn Hero image size: 1128 x 376
- LinkedIn Business Banner image: 646 x 220
- LinkedIn profile picture size: 400 x 400
- LinkedIn background photo size: 1584 x 396
- LinkedIn post image size: 1200 x 1200 (desktop) 1200 x 628 (mobile)
- LinkedIn link post size: 1200 x 628
- LinkedIn video size: 256 x 144 (minimum) to 4096 x 2304 (maximum)
- Maximum LinkedIn video length: 10 minutes
- Pinterest: Ensure that your first two or three boards are related to your industry or audience. You don’t want visitors to leave your profile because they don’t understand what your business does or can’t quickly find the information they’re searching for.
- Pinterest Profile picture: 165 x 165
- Pinterest Board Display image: 222 x 150
- Pinterest Standard Pin size: Vertical images 1000 x 1500
- Pinterest Video specs: square (1:1) or vertical (2:3, 9:16) Length: Minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
- Pinterest Promoted Video: square (1:1) or widescreen (16:9) Length: Minimum 4 seconds, maximum 15 minutes
- Pinterest Promoted carousels: 2-5 images per carousel, aspect ratio: 1:1 or 2:3
- Tik Tok Video length: 1080 x 1920, maximum 15 seconds recommended.
- Tik Tok Profile photo 200 x 200
- Tumblr: Consider placing your business’ logo directly on the photos you upload to increase brand visibility and recognition.
- Twitter: Cover photos are a great place to describe what your brand does, display a new product or use as free advertising space.
- Twitter profile picture size: 400 x 400
- Twitter header size: 1500 x 500
- Twitter post image size: 1024 x 512
- Twitter card image size: 1200 x 628
- Twitter video size: 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
- Maximum Twitter video length: 140 seconds
- Twitter ad size (image): 800 x 428
- Twitter ad size (video): 720 x 720 (square), 1280 x 720 (landscape), 720 x 1280 (portrait)
- YouTube: You only upload one image for your YouTube channel art, but it will display differently across devices. When you upload an image, you can crop it to fit the desktop layout, but make sure the important elements are right in the center to ensure that they aren’t cropped out on smaller screens.
- YouTube Channel cover picture: 2560 x 1440 pixels (desktop) and 1546 x 423 pixels (smartphones)
- YouTube Display ads: 300 x 250
- YouTube Overlay ads: 480 x 60
- YouTube Companion banner ads: 300 x 250 pixels
- YouTube Skippable video ads length: 6 – 20 seconds
- YouTube Non-skippable video ads length: 12 seconds to 3 minutes (30 seconds is recommended)
- YouTube Bumper video ads length: 6 seconds
- YouTube Standard video: 1280 x 760 pixels
- courtesy of Falcon.oi and Mainstreethost
Recommended Facebook image sizes for 2020:
Recommended Instagram image sizes for 2020:
Recommended LinkedIn image sizes for 2020:
Recommended Pinterest image sizes for 2020:
Recommended Tik Tok image sizes for 2020:
Recommended Twitter image sizes for 2020:
Recommended Youtube image sizes for 2020:
Social Media Platforms Optimized Image Sizes 2020
Thanks to Makeawebsitehub.com for the image above! From Twitter And Pinterest To Instagram And Facebook Image Sizes, We Have The Complete Guide Right Here In One Clear Infographic!